By Kirk W Madison,Yiqiu Wang,Ana Maria Rey,Kai Bongs
The objective of this booklet is to offer evaluate articles describing the most recent theoretical and experimental advancements within the box of chilly atoms and molecules. Our wish is this sequence will advertise learn through either highlighting contemporary breakthroughs and via outlining the most promising examine instructions within the field.
- Atoms and Molecules in Optical Lattices:
- Ultracold Ytterbium: iteration, Many-Body Physics, and Molecules (S Sugawa, Y Takasu, okay Enomoto, and Y Takahashi)
- Rotational Excitations of Polar Molecules on an Optical Lattice: From Novel Exciton Physics to Quantum Simulation of recent Lattice versions (Marina Litinskaya and Roman V Krems)
- Quantum section Transition of chilly Atoms in Optical Lattices (Yaohua Chen, Wei Wu, Guocai Liu and Wuming Liu)
- Physics with Bose–Einstein Condensates:
- Unlocking the Mysteries of third-dimensional Bose Gases close to Resonance (Mohammad S Mashayekhi, Jean-Sébastien Bernier and Fei Zhou)
- Light precipitated Gauge Fields for Ultracold impartial Atoms (I B Spielman)
- Manipulation of a Bose–Einstein Condensate (Xiaoji Zhou, Xuzong Chen and Yiqiu Wang)
- Experimental equipment for producing Two-Dimensional Quantum Turbulence in Bose–Einstein Condensates (K E Wilson, E C Samson, Z L Newman, T W Neely and B P Anderson)
- Atom-Light Interactions:
- Nonlinear Optics utilizing chilly Rydberg Atoms (Jonathan D Pritchard, Kevin J Weatherill and Charles S Adams)
- Mirror-Mediated Cooling: A Paradigm for Particle Cooling through the Retarded Dipole strength (Tim Freegarde, James Bateman, André Xuereb and Peter Horak)
- Cavity Quantum Optics with Bose–Einstein Condensates (Lu Zhou, Keye Zhang, Guangjiong Dong and Weiping Zhang)
- Fundamental Physics:
- Cold Atoms and Maxwell's Demon (Daniel A Steck)
- Thermalization from the point of view of Eigenstate Thermalization speculation (V Dunjko and M Olshanii)
- Cold Atoms and Precision Measurements (Wencui Peng, Biao Tang, Wei Yang, Lin Zhou, Jin Wang and Mingsheng Zhan)
Readership: study scientists together with graduate scholars and top point undergraduate students.
Read or Download Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1 PDF
Best molecular physics books
This publication introduces a brand new and profitable notion for thermodynamics: nonequilibrium section diagrams. this idea has been effectively utilized to diamond synthesis. The e-book is going directly to exhibit how those diagrams result in an entire new systematization of contemporary thermodynamics.
Advances in Quantum Chemistry provides surveys of present advancements during this quickly constructing box that falls among the traditionally confirmed parts of arithmetic, physics, and chemistry. With invited stories written through major foreign researchers, in addition to normal thematic concerns, each one quantity provides new effects and offers a unmarried motor vehicle for following development during this interdisciplinary region.
This ebook offers an advent to the physique of thought shared by means of a number of branches of contemporary optics--nonlinear optics, quantum electronics, laser physics, and quantum optics--with an emphasis on quantum and statistical elements. it truly is meant for prepared undergraduate and graduate scholars in physics, utilized physics, electric engineering, and chemistry who search a degree of education of enough adulthood to let them to keep on with the really good literature.
This thesis experiences the outstanding discovery that, by means of arranging the dipoles in an ordered array with specific spacings, it truly is attainable to vastly improve the cross-section and attain a powerful light-matter coupling (>98% of the incident light). It additionally discusses the large heritage to cooperative behaviour in atomic ensembles, and analyses intimately results in a single- and two-dimensional atomic arrays.
Additional resources for Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1
Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1 by Kirk W Madison,Yiqiu Wang,Ana Maria Rey,Kai Bongs